Actually Rob, Midrange-L is not a forum where SOA is going to be easily understood. There are certainly brilliant minds here, but most of them have a much narrower perspective than is conducive to comprehend SOA. It will require change. It will require looking at things with a business eye. Midrange-L posters contribute here because they have an opinion to offer. But look closely, and you will see it is techie bent.

Given your background with business, you would be the one of the best candidates to understand it. Yet your own lack of understanding of SOA, and your jumping to conclusions about what is, don't bode well for SOA to be discussed here.

I am certainly sure of SOA. And, I am working to translate it for my customers and the industry at large. And no, I have nothing to sell.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Dixon"
Subject: Re: Application design & architecture

The orignal wheel didn't have bearings or tyres.  These were later
improvements.  Not all methods of transport today use wheels.  Are you
suggesting that SOA is the answer for all time?  If so, then go and
start your own thread on SOA.  I wonder why you haven't done it before
if you are so sure of your ground.

Best wishes

Rob