Mark:

While saving data is a perfectly reasonable operation within an application,
I'm not clear why it would require *SAVSYS for the application user. *SAVSYS
reaches far beyond any application to objects that a user should not be saving.
And certainly not restoring.

A general rule might be stated as "He who can save an object, can restore the
object." That can be a very real risk when some system objects are included.

Tom Liotta