Not responding, just informing (and asking):

Two weeks ago one of my drives (in a model 400, v5r1, total of 12 drives)
thought it was time to 'retire'. No Raid - no Mirror. Well I do have a tape
with SAVSYS (opt. 21), and two spares (not the same model - which I
found out in DST).

First situation for me with this disaster recovery on my dev. box.

Searched the net and midrange. Read a lot, lots of help, but I was missing
something within my situation.

Fell over a guidance from IBM - about Save/Restore (with or without BRMS)
www.Think400.dk/downloads.htm  it's a little outdated I guess, but it helped
me a lot in my situation (understanding the options and their meanings).

But it seems that I can't change an 'retired' drive 6606 model 050 (2 GB)
with an 6606 model 074 (1,5GB) without troubles.

Can somebody confirm, that a new drive needs to be the same model - when
I restore LIC's and OS/400 ??

Best regards,
Leif