Keith,

Where did you get this interesting information from ?? Would like to know.

Installing the drive (later the second) and re-initializing it, I added it to
the
system ASP1.

It showed up nicely in DST as Model 050 (in DD006) which was the place
of the 'retired' drive.

Problems seems to be after installing OS/400 (after the install of LIC's).

Some troubles logging in with QSECOFR, which I thought was MY
known PW, but not.... it was the default, which I didn't know anything
about, but do now (thanks for midrange.com :-)

Which becomes more stange, because when installing the LIC's my PW
to DST/SST was recognized - so I had to take a break ;-)

Did a WRKDSKSTS (or was it WRKHDWRSC *STG) and the new
installed drive has an status of...... ???? sorry cant remember, but
it was not the same as the other 11 drives. Something like unrecovered.
And it was reported as an 1,4xx MB drive - and not as the other 1.967MB

Thats why I'm asking if DSR without Raid/Mirror needs to do an replacement
with the same type of drive.

Best regards,
Leif