Rob:

Normally I wouldn't expect any savefiles to be created just because I applied a
PTF, though IFS stuff might work differently. Typically, I'd expect:

1. I download a PTF that will fix PGMA in lib LIBA.
2. This download results in savefile QPGMA in QGPL (made up name).
3. I LODPTF. This results in:
   a. New pgm PGMA being restored into lib QSRV.
   b. QSRV/PGMA gets temp named to Qxxxxxx.
   c. QSRV/Qxxxxxx is moved to lib LIBA.
4. I APYPTF *TEMP. This results in:
   a. Old pgm PGMA gets renamed to Qyyyyyy in LIBA.
   b. Qxxxxxx is renamed to PGMA in LIBA.

Ownership, authorities, etc., are then set accordingly. A RMVPTF would result
in the reverse renaming. I didn't test this next, but when APYPTF *PERM is
later run, object Qyyyyyy would either simply be deleted or moved to QRPLOBJ or
something similar. (I don't recall the normal sequence.) No reason for the
process not to just delete, I suppose.

Now, any PTF can have exit programs attached that are called during the
process, and they can create savefiles or do anything they're written for. But
it seems risky to create objects outside of the product library, especially
objects that don't seem to be linked via the PTF index back to a PTF number.
I.e., when you try DSPPTF, you don't get hits.

Further, the name of the savefile(s) fits what's expected from IBM PTFs, and it
fits an older naming convention -- pre-V5.

My next step would be a DSPSAVF to see info about when the save occurred. That
ought to tell everything needed to decide what to do with it. I'm thinking now
that a simple DLTF is where it will lead.

Tom Liotta