I hate printers! That being said, the print writer isn't the problem; however, someone's response to a message /may/ be.

Forms type *ALL simply means the printer will process any form type in fifo order. Changing the form type to, say, CHECKS, will cause only forms with this type to be processed. Even if other form types are in the out queue, no message will be issued because the writer has been told to use/process on reports with CHECK as the form type.

With *ALL in effect, as each different form is received by the writer a message will be issued. In our shop these messages go to QSYSOPR. You might check to see where the forms change message is going and how it is being responded to.

        * Jerry C. Adams
*iSeries Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
        615.995.7024
fax
        615.995.1201
email
        jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Pat Barber wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder if the wrong answer to the right message
is occuring here. The printer seems to think that *all is in
effect and it doesn't care what forms shows up.

I wonder if the "original" forms mount message on that printer
was given the incorrect response and now the printer doesn't care
what shows up in the outq ????

ovrprtf and press F4 ....look at the help on Align=*Yes....

I think the printer writer might be the problem.

Booth Martin wrote:

It knows what is mounted for forms. Is it possible that it believes the checks are already mounted; so why send a message?

Try changing one of the OVRPRTF to formtype=plain.