That works but here we us named devices and restrict access to devices
using group profiles.  We are phasing out QPADEV* devices since we have
created an internet access to our green screens.  For security you have
to 1. have a valid device name, 2. have access to that device, 3. have
an SSL client that will accept our self signed certificate, 4. have your
IP registered in our telnet exit point database. 5. have your user ID in
our telnet exit point database flagged as remote access allowed.

Hey we don't want just anyone to get a signon screen.  Ok we are phasing
this in, almost there.

But I do like your routing idea.  By the way we run multiple interactive
subsystems do to the old performance limitations of QINTER.  With new
hardware we probably do not need to, but old habits die hard.  ( And I
can kick off those pesky departments who want to work while we try to
back up their data. )

Christopher Bipes
Information Services Director
CrossCheck, Inc.

707.586.0551, ext. 1102
707.585.5700 FAX

Chris.Bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Cross-Check.com

Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by e-mail (by replying to
this message) or telephone (noted above) and permanently delete the
original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.  Thank you
for your cooperation with respect to this matter.