Works for me (via WinXP FTP):

Connected to xxxxxxxx.stei.com.
220-QTCP at xxxxxxxxx.stei.com.
220 Connection will close if idle more than 5 minutes.
User (xxxxxxxx.stei.com:(none)): f_lapeyre
331 Enter password.
Password:
230 F_LAPEYRE logged on.
ftp> asc
200 Representation type is ASCII nonprint.
ftp> cd fmllib
250 "FMLLIB" is current library.
ftp> lcd c:\
Local directory now C:\.
ftp> get test test.txt
200 PORT subcommand request successful.
150 Retrieving member TEST in file TEST in library FMLLIB.
250 File transfer completed successfully.
ftp: 305 bytes received in 0.13Seconds 2.44Kbytes/sec.
ftp>quit

                          Display Physical File Member
 File . . . . . . :   TEST                Library  . . . . :   FMLLIB
 Member . . . . . :   TEST                Record . . . . . :   1
 Control  . . . . .                       Column . . . . . :   1
 Find . . . . . . .
 *...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....
 ***** This is a test download file...  Do NOT Process *****
 ***** This is a test download file...  Do NOT Process *****
 ***** This is a test download file...  Do NOT Process *****
 ***** This is a test download file...  Do NOT Process *****