Do you need to transfer in binary?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces+grizzlym=northernwholesale.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+grizzlym=northernwholesale.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Anne d'Hooge
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 8:18 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Copy multiple files to PC csv format

>date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:37:31 -0500
>from: rob@xxxxxxxxx
>subject: RE: Copy multiple files to PC csv format
>
>It's been YEARS since I've used that version of iSeries Access.  I sent
>you a screen shot of what I'm talking about offlist.

Rob,

Thank you for the screen shot, I've never seen that before. We don't
have
the iSeries navigator.
I tried FTP, but can't get that going on AS400, it can't log on to a PC
even though user and password exits on the domain and is administrator.
Sorry to keep bothering everyone here, the problem is we've moved to
Unix
and I'm the only AS400 application developer left, we have no AS400
support
anymore so I have to figure out how to get our database at least to a PC

environment.
I can get FTP started from DOS with script :
open (AS400 IP)
user id
passw
cd /QDLS/ANNE
dir
bin
get file.csv
bye

I does transfer the file,but the data is gibberish.
The file is copied to QDLS with CPYTOIMPF as discussed earlier.
If I do a DSPF /QDLS/ANNE/file.csv  on AS400 it looks ok, comma
seperated.

Any ideas, FTP parameters to get it transferred and we actually read it
?

Thanks

Anne