I think most of the confusion has to do with IBM's ordering mess.  As a BP
I run into this all the time.

I would would be nice to say I want a twinax card and you then get to buy a
4746.  Of course if it is a base feature then it is a 9746. Then you get
you new system  and the card shows up in the rack config as a 2746.
3 different ways to say twinax.  Makes you want to get out of the hardware
side altogether.

Now the 5702/5712 is a bit different.  I believe they are the same card,
but you cannot order a 5712 for an 8xx box.  You have to order a 5702.   If
you have a 5xx you cannot order it as a 5702 it has to be a 5712.  Then
when you get the card the sticker on it says 5702....what gives.....

confusion reigns supreme.  That is why you need to consult the following
books......

system builder:
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/RedbookAbstracts/sg242155.html?OpenDocument

and the

system handbook:
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/RedbookAbstracts/ga195486.html?OpenDocument

these are the two books that tell you what and where cards will fit.

and finially the card placement rules book:
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/RedbookAbstracts/redp4011.html?Open

Happy reading........

Bryan Dietz
Aktion Associates