looking at page 12 of the PCI placement book
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpapers/pdfs/redp4011.pdf

on the 5702/5712 note 21 says:

21.This feature is a 64-bit card, but can plug into any 32-bit or 64-bit
slot. Sometimes a 64-bit
card can have performance limitations in a 32-bit slot.

Sometimes....gotta love it...

I would have to see the whole layout of cards to help determine if there is
a better place to put a 5702.

Which begs the question..  are you having backup performance problems??

What type of tape are you using?

What do you hope to accomplish by shuffling the cards around?

Bryan Dietz
Aktion Associates

midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 12/16/2005 03:36:27 PM:

> Bryan,
>
> Ok, I think I'm squared away now.     *yeah!*

<snip>