Bryan,

Ok, I think I'm squared away now.

I'd been though all those books but I thought I was seeing some
conflicting information about the 5702/5712.

Specifically, I though I saw that the 5712 was listed as a CIF for the
810 and the 5088, 5094.  Plus reading on the list here that the
5702/5712 were the same, but my BP said I couldn't put the 5712 in my
810.

Going back, I see that the 5712 is not listed as a CIF for the 810 and I
understand now that even though the 5712 would go into a 5088 or 5094
attached to an i5 system, it won't go into a 5088 or 5094 attached to my
810.

One last question, my 810 doesn't have any PCI-X slots.  I've been told
that the 5702 will perform in a regular 32bit PCI slot the same as it
would in a 64bit PCI-X slot.  I thought that seemed weird, but I guess a
32bit PCI slot @ 66MHz has a bandwidth of about 266MB/s (254.4).  So I
guess it makes sense that the slots in the 810 can support it.  However,
wouldn't I get better performance if I move the 5702 away from my DASD
controller (currently in C01)?  Initial thought is to replace the 2749
in C04 with the 5702. Should I rearrange the base 810 or put the 5702
into my 5088 instead.

Thanks for your help.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America