How can anyone be certain that once Power6 processors come out, the OS name
will remain i5/OS?  Even if it does, it'd become even stranger then (i.e.
behind times again?).

Here are two simplistic reasons to stick with the iSeries in our everyday
language and any professional correspondence from my point of view:

1) I believe iSeries has a staying power.  It's the 'series' not a one-off.
So even if IBM comes out with the next part of the series (i.e. i6, i7 ...),
it can still be called iSeries.

2) AS/400 connotes green-screen, i.e. 'legacy' technology.  iSeries connotes
new technologies (Web, SQL, Java ...).  That is industry and IBM direction
and should be our (iSeries professionals) direction as well.

You know what they say, "if two people say it, it must be the truth" :)
So let's keep calling it iSeries and educate our neighbors at those block
parties.  It'll stick eventually.

Just my 2 cents of course...

Elvis