From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rick baird
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 9:21 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: FTP odity

Bob,

I think passive or active mode only appears to control which ports are used
for different FTP traffic - command and data, and who initiates the traffic
- an explanation (one I didn't take the time to fully
understand) can be found here:

http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html

I don't believe this is the problem - from what I understand, it's just a
server configuration that simplifies the connection from a firewall
standpoint.

Try entering the command 'passive' first and see if it makes any difference
with the other commands.

Personally, I would lean towards the idea that whomever administers the
server has given you a logon id, but has restricted it to a single empty
directory.

But I could be wrong.  I've been know to be wrong in the past.

Rick