Okay, just checking.

As far as NFS goes and OS/400 versions goes, I have no clue.  You'd
really have to compare them side by side and see what kind of traffic
you get.  It seems to me that if 90% of the traffic is outside the
iSeries, then one of two things happened:

1. Significant delays have been added to the transmission.  Are you
seeing pauses in the conversation, or just lots and lots of data?

2. A lot of protocol overhead has been added.  I know there are at least
NFS 2.0 and NFS 3.0 protocol standards.  Maybe the iSeries switched to a
newer protocol and you're still using an older one on your client?

Anyway, this is WAY beyond my limited expertise.  Wish I could help
more!

Joe

P.S. Here's a REALLY bizarre thought... when you upgraded to V5R3, did
you inadvertently change the speed of your TCP/IP connection?  A 10-fold
decrease could be a change from 100MB/sec to 10MB/sec in the LINESPEED
of your Ethernet line.