Hi Joe,

        I have a lot of respect for you - I've read all your books and used
them to
help introduce new technology/techniques to my shop.  I have never
complained about my job being difficult before - I like my job - I like
solving puzzles.  However in the current environment where I get two or
three new projects for each one I complete and everything has to be done
right now it would be a relief if there were a bit more help for the
initiate in the processes offered by IBM.

        I don't **think** I am stupid or lazy <grin> but I just spent the
previous
week or so trying my level best to get a do nothing test web service working
on my iSeries.  (maybe you need to write a book on 'Web Services in 30
seconds' for those like me.) ;)  Now that I have done so, the real work
begins - that of building in the operating code to perform the business
functions needed - in my mind a week late.  The code has still got to be
written - I just hate spending my time wrestling with 'how does it really
work and how can I make it work?' issues when in my mind the infrastructure
of this web stuff should be exposed in a very obvious way.  That is there
should be a clear set of directions that work every time for the basics.

        I doubt I'll have anywhere near the problems on my next one.  One of the
main problems I had was trouble shooting - what went wrong?  Finding and
interpreting error messages is an arcane art - even IBM support admitted 'oh
yeah, that error message was bit misleading...'

        Anyway - have it your way - looking back everything seems simple.

Regards

Rick DuVall
Systems Manager
Dealer's Auto Auction of Okc