Excellent information Andrew. That's just what I was looking for. We will research this further....

Andrew Goade wrote:

Nelson,
When migrating to our 570, we noticed a big difference in programs that used open query files. The programs were not choosing the same index/access path as on v5r2. Unfortunately, IBM in all of their wisdom does not capture index builds for open query files in the database monitor. So we had to put our jobs in debug to find an access path suggestion. Once we built the access path, one job when from 1 hour 22 minutes to 22 seconds.
Hope this helps.

Andy

Andrew Goade
Hub Group Inc.