When you run CHGDSTPWD it should, according to the documentation, change the password for QSECOFR to QSECOFR (press F1 on the command panel). Whether that's upper- or lower-case I don't know, but my guess would be upper. Case is important.

I'm on V5R3, which is different from V5R1. Don't know about V5R2. Again, the help (F1) on the command panel should tell you what will happen when you use the *Default option.

        * Jerry C. Adams
*iSeries/i5 Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
        615.893.8633x152
fax
        615.995.1201
email
        jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Chuck Lewis wrote:

Well the reason I ask it because I used that to reset DST and thought I
understood what you since have stated, to be the case.

So I, signed on as QSECOFR, key in STRSST and get the Start Service Tools
(STRSST) Sign On and prompting for Service tools user ID and Service tools
password and Requesting service tools ID password not correct.

So what is going on ?

We are on V5R2.

Thanks !

Chuck