That is the job that runs the Management Central Job Monitor.  At V5R2
it can have high CPU usage if the time intervals are set to less than 15
minutes.

According to Supportline this can also occur if your system monitors are
set to 30 seconds and the Job Monitor is set to 15 minutes (and *ALL for
jobs).  I just shut mine down.  They also said that this does not occur
at V5R3.

>From the PMR:

The job QYRMJOBSEL  (started when a job monitor is started) registers
with Collection Services  the probe data desired but the SPI does not
provide for specifying the notification interval.  So it will always be
the lowest interval that Collection Services is running at.   In this
case the Job Monitor server code starts at 5 Minutes collection
intervals but then when another monitor using Collection Services starts
using a smaller interval, the QYRMJOBSEL will receive the data at the
smaller or more frequent interval.  In this case going from 5 minutes to
30 seconds will mean a 10 times increase in the amount of data
QYRMJOBSEL will be processing.  Also the more active jobs on the system
the more data QYRMJOBSEL will have to process.

This is why they notice an increase in the CPU usage of QYRMJOBSEL.

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group