Nathan Andelin said:
>It seems to me that IBM has already granted a license
>which is essentially equivalent to a copyright
>(ability to make derivative works and distribute them
>without restriction, other than a notice).

>http://www-922.ibm.com/easy400p/easy400pos.html

>So what would prevent any license holder from creating
>an open source version, maintained by an open source
>community?  Or, for that matter, a commercial version
>- requiring payment for the derivative work?

>Nathan Andelin

The License IBM granted does not permit charging any money
for products derived from this.

Giovanni is asking IBM to release it to be supported by
the open source community. I believe it will take a
few days for them to have a meeting about it.

He is communicating to the world through <Easy400Group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

It will be interesting to see what their reation is to it.

I don't think they have an interest in maintaining it, so I would
take a burden off their back.

Dwight HoganCamp