To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 4:35 PM
Subject: Re: Defective PTF

I have a couple of V5R3 machines.  Some i5's, some iSeries.  Some with
lpar's, some without.  They are all at:
PTF Group             Level
SF99530                5102
SF99529                  49
SF99503                   4
and none of them have this ptf.
I wonder if you do a WRKPTFGRP, and, if you are not at level 49, put a 5
in front of SF99529 if you see it there.  Perhaps that had it on an
earlier hiper level, but removed it?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Jerry Adams <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/12/2005 12:40 PM
Please respond to

To Midrange-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> cc

Subject
Defective PTF

I just finished applying the latest CUM (V5R3) and the HIPERs,

The IPL after the install froze with SRC B2003200 LP=001.

Anyway, with the help of a nice lady in Rochester I got over it.  To the
point MF34850 (which was on the HIPERs) is a defective PTF.  I subscribe
to the tech bulletin for defects, but never got anything on this one.
In fact, the accompanying list indicated several PTFs that were
superseded by this one.

This was the 3 May HIPER, btw.  Unless there's something really critical
for me, I usually delay a week just to avoid something like this.  I've
gotten several notices in the past (calls, even, in one case) after I
might normally have applied the PTFs.  This one must have slipped
through the cracks.

Just a heads up for everyone.

--
Jerry C. Adams

-- This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.

list