From: Neil Palmer/DPS [mailto:neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 2:38 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Defective PTF

Thanks for the heads up Jerry. They haven't flagged it as defective yet:

http://www-912.ibm.com/a_dir/as4ptf.nsf/a18db68aae4a7d81862566ba005d145c/93a322ccfb6ed0e486256ff700479425

Jerry Adams <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces+neilp=dpslink.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2005/05/12 13:40

Midrange-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Defective PTF

I just finished applying the latest CUM (V5R3) and the HIPERs,

The IPL after the install froze with SRC B2003200 LP=001.

Anyway, with the help of a nice lady in Rochester I got over it. To the point MF34850 (which was on the HIPERs) is a defective PTF. I subscribe to the tech bulletin for defects, but never got anything on this one. In fact, the accompanying list indicated several PTFs that were superseded by this one.

This was the 3 May HIPER, btw. Unless there's something really critical for me, I usually delay a week just to avoid something like this. I've gotten several notices in the past (calls, even, in one case) after I might normally have applied the PTFs. This one must have slipped through the cracks.

Just a heads up for everyone.