Here are some notes I have on the subject from running into this issue and
contacting IBM. (note: we have an 820 on v5r2--your milage may differ)
HTH.

Signed on as QSECOFR
type CHGDSTPWD  F4
change the value of the parm to *default

- Make sure that Key stick is in (if any).
- On front Panel you should have toggle buttons and in the middle an enter
button.
- Toggle Up to 02.
-  Press enter.
-  Press enter again to skip B
- Toggle up or down to change N to M
-  Press enter ( that will take you back to 02)
-  Change 02 to 21
-  Press enter
 - It will change to 2100
-  On your console you should see DST sign on screen.
- Sign on with ID QSECOFR password QSECOFR ( upper case)
- after pressing enter it will force you to change it.
- new password mu be between 6-8 characters long.
- it can not be the last 18 passwords that were used.

once done, Put system back into normal mode by changing M to N.

 Jim Hawkins