Yes, I noticed the same thing with the recent posting here about the
LDAP "security problem."  (See:
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200504/msg00919.html )

One of our security people had actually forwarded that one to me earlier
in the week saying that he had noticed it because he "had never seen an
iSeries vulnerability reported before."  After looking into it I told
him that not only would a hacker require the knowledge, they would also
require a valid signon to our system to perform this so-called hack.

Looks like a FUD campaign to me, similar to recent reliability claims
(about certain lesser servers) I've seen circulating.

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group