By default the LDAP user projected backend is enabled.  In order to list the
users on your system using it, you must authenticate with a projected user
identity - cn=administrator isn't going to get you anywhere.  The reason for
this requirement is so that the OS can process the request as the user.
Therefore you will not see any groups or users that you do not have authority
to.

The tiny nugget of truth to the post is that your group profiles are listed and
if you use an LDAP browser to view them there is an attribute of the group that
shows all of the members of the group.

Kurt