Autoconfig is a meaningless system value.  Client access, nor anything
else, uses it.  They all run CRTDEVDSP under the covers.  I found out the
hard way.  I set autoconfig off on one machine.  iSeries Access users were
still able to configure sessions until I renamed the command CRTDEVDSP to
CRTDEVDSPX.  That stopped them.  Perhaps iSeries Access used CRTDEVDSP as
a remote command?  Anyway, when our system console died and we replaced it
with a different model it would not 'autoconfig'.  We determined that it
did successfully delete the old device but could not create a new one.  I
had to use remote command to rename CRTDEVDSPX back to CRTDEVDSP and then
it could 'autoconfig' a new terminal.  Perhaps someone else there adopted
my trick?
But, as others suggested,
- If QCTLSBSD is set to QCTL, make sure that QINTER is running.
- Check the station address on the terminal
- Check the port number that you are plugged into
- Check out that the workstation is varied on.

When it comes time to scratch your system check out:
http://faq.midrange.com/data/cache/295.html

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Pete Helgren <Pete@xxxxxxxxxx>
04/19/2005 09:47 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: No signon screen

The same address as what?  Autoconfig is ON, BTW.

Pete

michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Does the terminal have the same address?

list