You should do the same thing here that I recommended for another test this
week. Are they running over the same files or different files? By different it
can mean in different libraries? It seems that is what you said. Also, compare
the file descriptions. Compare every attribute - there is one for maximum
access path size that has changed over the years. And journaling can help -
there is some caching done, IIRC.

Vern