000010       2004-11-10
000011 COUNT 73
000012
000013       2004-11-11
000014 COUNT 82
000015
000016 FINAL TOTALS
000017 COUNT 499

Used to use the Biscom software years ago.  Their upgrades, especially the
Cisc-to-Risc, killed them off for us.

We use IBM's Facsimile Support/400.  We use logo's, overlays, etc.

Not sure on the APFDS vs IPDS.  But I could put you in touch with people
here who use it more often.

We use seven 2805 ports.  (The 8th is reserved for Domino Fax for iSeries.
 Both are supported by the same team.)  All inbound faxing is done with
Domino Fax for iSeries using DID modems on 2742 cards.

CHKFAXSTS USER(*ALL)
Type option, press Enter.
  4=Remove         5=Work with status   6=Print
                   9=Resend fax         12=Display fax

                                        Scheduled
Opt   Destination Name               Date        Time      Status

      ACK# 054557                    11/11/04    14:52:53  Finished
      ACK# 051434                    11/11/04    14:48:51  Finished
      PO #008728                     11/11/04    13:43:45  Finished
      PUR#911115                     11/11/04    13:40:42  Finished
      PUR#758548                     11/11/04    13:35:35  Finished
      PUR#758438                     11/11/04    13:35:34  Finished
      PUR#758497                     11/11/04    13:35:34  Finished
      PUR#758499                     11/11/04    13:35:34  Finished
      PUR#758544                     11/11/04    13:35:34  Finished

F3=Exit      F4=Prompt    F5=Refresh   F6=Print   F9=System command
F10=Display Messages      F11=View 2   F12=Cancel   F24=More keys

F24

F13=Display All     F14=Display Non Errors   F15=Display Errors
F16=Sequence List   F17=Position To          F24=More Keys

F11's are pretty informative.  There are five F11 views.

Looking at the status of one in error, and then going into it's details...
Message ID . . : FAXC701                  Log type . . . : *COMPLETION
Severity . . . : 20

First Level Text
 Message . . . . :   Call failure.  Call to telephone number
   91RobRemovedIt was not answered or was not answered by a fax device.

Second level Text
 Cause . . . . . :   After calling telephone number 91RobRemovedIt the
   number of times specified on the DIALRTY parameter of the ADDFAXCRD
   command, the call was not answered or was not answered by a fax
   device.  The SNDFAX spooled file name is file POFAXF number 000020
   job 780608/JILLC33/PNTACD1E.
 Recovery  . . . :   Verify the telephone number is correct or that the
   remote device is operational and retry the SNDFAX request.  The Fax
   Adapter/Modem return codes are X'FFFF' X'0000' X'0003'.
 Technical description . . . . . . . . :   Fax controller module I.D.
   is X'F4000010'.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Jim Franz" <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
11/10/2004 10:25 AM
Please respond to

<MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
Faxing from AS400

I have been asked to review replacing an existing Fax Server (a
separate pc unit that reads as400 spooled files and has
software on as400 to manage traffic), with IBM's
internal fax cards and software for managing. This site does
200 - 500 outbound faxes a day over 2 lines, and weekly a batch
of 2,500. I am totally unfamiliar with the IBM software and looking
for comments on how easy to run by itself, daily reports or screens
of failures, and ease of use to resend, reprint, use  both *scs & *afpds
spools,
merge logos & forms with spools, etc.
Customer upgrading to i5 and this fax server is older
and needing an upgrade for a hefty sum (over 12k).
Approx 15 rpg programs sending faxes.
tia
jim
list