Currently we end WAS and Portal during the backup.  But it's only a
development machine.

Yes I opened a pmr.  Currently the suggestion is just increase the temp
storage size.  No clue as to why it's suddenly gotten larger.  Like curing
the symptom and not the illness.  Jumped on them because of that attitude.
 Now, they've suggested a PEX trace.  Such fun.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Ingvaldson, Scott" <SIngvaldson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
11/22/2004 02:35 PM
Please respond to

"'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Some IFS backup conflicts

Rob -

I would agree with 2 and 3 and possibly 4.  We've never had a problem with
temporary storage during a backup, but I'm sure we don't have as many IFS
objects as you.  Often the objects that are locked are log files that in
some cases don't even exist when the task is quiesced.  For example,
FAX/400
locks one object for each receiver job, but it is only an empty file
waiting
for an incoming fax so it can be omitted pretty safely.

My theory is that I don't want the operators getting used to seeing
(ignoring?) failure messages nor do I want them calling me every night
over
something that doesn't need to be saved so I use omits judiciously in the
nightly backup (then pick these objects up with the weekly or monthly
backup) and keep a close eye on the backup joblogs myself.

/QIBM/UserData/OS400/ResourceMonitoringControl is for your HMC, See:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/0/657356c75e8a649886256ee700753bda?

OpenDocument

I would definately grill Supportline on the CPC1217 issue, do you end
WAS/WAS Portal while this backup is running?

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group