I'll grant you that it seems a little harsh.  Maybe it has to do with the
controller that supports them?  Is your current controller on the "oh
sh!t" list?

Let's get really speculative.  Who knows that it's going to be called
V5R4?  Watch them call it V6R1 and jump to 128bit computing.  :-)  This is
total freaking humor and not to be construed as any inside knowledge.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Ingvaldson, Scott" <SIngvaldson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
11/05/2004 11:56 AM
Please respond to

"'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
RE: I/O features not planned to be supported beyond V5R3

Certainly that is true, however the point is that these drives are not
that
old (Purchased in July, 2003.)  Our 620 still supported 2 GB drives at
V5R2,
how could anyone guess that 17.5 GB drives would not be supported at V5R4?

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group