From: "Pete Massiello" <pmassiello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 3:35 PM
Subject: COMMON information

> I thought I would pass this on, as nothing better then keeping a few
dollars in your pocket, and making a great value even better by registering
for the COMMON conference before the Early bird deadline.

> COMMON is extending the Early Bird deadline for the Toronto conference to
next Tuesday, September 28. That gives you a few more days to get in "under
the wire" and save $200 US.

> Register online at www.common.org. Please let your user group members
know:

> Now some blatant advertising.
>
> If you're planning to attend COMMON's Fall 2004 Conference in Toronto,
consider signing up for one of the pre-conference workshops offered the
weekend before the conference. (And keep in mind that if you register for a
workshop, you need to plan your travel and hotel stay accordingly!)

> The workshops, designed as part of the conference's focus on Enterprise
Application Modernization, include:

> "Modernizing RPG Applications" - presented by Paul Tuohy at the IBM
Research Lab Theater in Markham

> "Enterprise Modernization Using the IBM Toronto Tools" - a lab presented
by the IBM Toronto Lab Team at the IBM Research Lab Room in Markham

> "Moving to the Web with RPG" - presented by Bob Cozzi
>
> "Java Web Workshops" - a lab presented by Jim Mason
>
> "WebSphere Portal Server" - a lab presented by Astech
>

> There are still seats available in each workshop, but space is limited,
and registrations will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Lecture workshops cost $295 and labs cost $395. You can register for
details are available at www.common.org/workshops.html