I thought I would pass this on, as nothing better then keeping a few dollars in
your pocket, and making a great value even better by registering for the COMMON
conference before the Early bird deadline.

COMMON is extending the Early Bird deadline for the Toronto conference to next Tuesday,
September 28. That gives you a few more days to get in "under the wire" and
save $200 US.

Register online at www.common.org. Please let your user group members know:

Now some blatant advertising.

If you're planning to attend COMMON's Fall 2004 Conference in Toronto, consider
signing up for one of the pre-conference workshops offered the weekend before
the conference. (And keep in mind that if you register for a workshop, you need
to plan your travel and hotel stay accordingly!)

The workshops, designed as part of the conference's focus on Enterprise
Application Modernization, include:

"Modernizing RPG Applications" - presented by Paul Tuohy at the IBM Research
Lab Theater in Markham

"Enterprise Modernization Using the IBM Toronto Tools" - a lab presented by the
IBM Toronto Lab Team at the IBM Research Lab Room in Markham

"Moving to the Web with RPG" - presented by Bob Cozzi

"Java Web Workshops" - a lab presented by Jim Mason

"WebSphere Portal Server" - a lab presented by Astech

There are still seats available in each workshop, but space is limited, and registrations will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Lecture workshops cost $295 and labs cost $395. You can register for workshops when you sign up for the conference. Descriptions and other details are available at www.common.org/workshops.html