From: Greg Wenzloff [mailto:GWenzloff@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 9:35 AM
To: 'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: Power off and on tasks

I just thought of another possible reason my power off does not work.  It
seems really remote to me but here it is:

When the FE left he did not properly secure the front panel to the AS400.
It actually fell off in the middle of the day.   I tried to secure it back
on but did not want to jiggle and bang on a running computer too much.
There is a key that gets rotated to extend two arms into a recess on each
side.  I could not get these arms to go all the way in and the key could
only rotate about half way.  I did notice that these arms lift up on a
lever.  Perhaps the machine knows the front is not on properly.

Is this too much of a stretch? Anyone out there know hardware?

Greg