Thanks for all of the suggestions - here is summary of answers:

<Fiona Fitzgerald asked:>
Did Cleanup run? Is there anything in QHST to show when/that it did?

<Steve Morrison asked:>
What model AS400?  What type of key?  Any mode lights?

<Rob Berendt asked?>
Did I check all of the suggestions in the help line?

<Marty Urbanek asked?>
Have you tried wiping the power off/on schedule and re-entering it?
What is sysval QIPLDATTIM?

<Replies>
Yes cleanup runs each night with good entries in Qhst.
Model 720 with V4R4 (please don't get on me for that). It has the black
plastic type key.  Mode lights say Normal.
Yes - I checked out all of the help suggestions.
Today I wiped out the power schedule and put it back in - no errors
occurred.   Next one is Sunday.
Sysval Qipldattim has Sunday's date/time 09/05/04 at 0431.

That's all for now.  I'll report back on Tuesday on whether it does its
off/on task.

Greg

__________________________________

Notice of Confidentiality

This transmission contains information that may be confidential and that may
also be privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient of the message (or
authorised to receive it for the intended recipient) you may not copy,
forward, or otherwise use it, or disclose it or its contents to anyone else.
If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately
and delete it from your system.

Email: internet.mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

message: 3
date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 10:35:56 -0400
from: Douglas Handy <dhandy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Who invented the GUI, was RE: Moving to Mac

>Wasn't that Al Gore?

No, he just invented some AlGoreithms...

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Thu,  2 Sep 2004 07:44:47 -0700
from: michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: RE: Who invented the GUI, was RE: Moving to Mac

Ooooo....good one!

------------------------------

message: 5
date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:44:42 EDT
from: Jromeh@xxxxxxx
subject: Re:  Moving to Mac

><However, the Mac still has the ultra-user-friendly user interface
>developed by Apple.  BSD stability with Mac ease-of-use?  Sounds pretty
>interesting, doesn't it?>
>
>Developed by WHO ? ;-)

Developed by Apple, never ignored by Redmond. Still many miles ahead.

Invented by XEROX PARC, ignored by XEROX.

>1.) Emulation: Runs 5250 (Check out Mochasoft or the Sourceforge Java 5250
>emulator.)

Also check out Celview, which is the Wall Data Rumba code now marketed by
a Canadian firm Celcorp.

Installed Eclipse not long ago, doggy on my old G3 but working. Gonna
upgrade soon.

>However I do find myself smiling each time I get a chance to work with it.

>Ultimately if you're going to do multiplatform development it's a must to
>include both Linux PC's and Macs in the mix for complete OS and browser
>testing.

Indeed. And it's a great platform for php/mysql and standards-based web
dev.

--Jerome

nr - peecee w/3 screens and mac w/2, happy together, and also apart

------------------------------

message: 6
date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:02:36 -0500
from: daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: Who invented the GUI, was RE: Moving to Mac

ROTFLMAO!!!

                      Douglas Handy

                      <dhandy1@xxxxxxxxxxx        To:       Midrange Systems
Technical Discussion
                      et>
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@SMTP@CTB
                      Sent by:                    cc:       (bcc: David A
Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
                      midrange-l-bounces@m        Subject:  Re: Who invented
the GUI, was RE: Moving to Mac
                      idrange.com

                      09/02/2004 09:35 AM

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical Discussion

                      <midrange-l@midrange

                      .com>

>Wasn't that Al Gore?

No, he just invented some AlGoreithms...

------------------------------

message: 7
date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:10:19 +0100
from: Colin Williams <colin.williams@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Who invented the GUI, was RE: Moving to Mac

Yes,

They did create Smalltalk. They were trying to create a programming language
that would be easy for kids to learn.

cheers
Colin.W

Extension   5800