Or you could just use IBM's code.  QMNSRBND is the program that does the
save menu option 21.  You can do a RTVCLSRC on it and make whatever
modifications to it you want.

I've got a version named SAVESYSTM that in conjunction with a command front
end, allows for an automatic IPL, restart, or stay in restricted state after
the save.  Also, it has options to handle Daylight Savings Time.
Additionally, when the save is set to wait till say 1:00am to start, my
version waits till the second 1am.  This way we can start it Friday before
leaving at 5:00pm and the save won't kick off till 1:00am Sunday.

My version continues to put up the same screen save menu option 21 does, so
that the defaults (set via save menu option 20) could be changed, but we
don't usually need too.

However, my original version that I wrote while at another company
eliminated IBM's screens all together.  If you wanted to you could do the
same and add a loop at the end of the save to start all over.

HTH,
Charles