Mike

I think it's less complicated than what you have presented. There are 2 options (at least) for running a PC command from the 400.

1. STRPCCMD is the first one. It must be run from an interactive session, but this may or may not be a restriction.

2. RUNRMTCMD is the other. To run this you need a remote command server on the PC where the command will run. This can be run on the 400 in batch or interactively. If you have the Incoming Remote Command feature of Client (iSeries) Access installed on a PC, that is a remote command server. Otherwise, look for an application called rexecd - Window 2000 and above may have it in additional TCP/IP features.

In the simplest form, you need only to put the name of the fIFS file just created into one of the above commands. This assumes you have at least created a share to the IFS directory where the file is located, and optionally mapped a network drive to that share. Then the PC you have specified will simply open the file in Excel. This assumes something else, that you have used CPYTOIMPF to create a CSV file.

So no need for a .bat file, no need for VBA macros to bring data down, as it is already in an Excel-type file that you are simply opening.

Example (STRPCO first):
STRPCCMD PCCMD('c:\delphi3-e.txt') PAUSE(*NO)

opens the text file in NotePad or whatever program is associated with the .txt extension.

RUNRMTCMD CMD('c:\delphi3-e.txt') RMTLOCNAME('xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' *IP) RMTUSER(VERN) RMTPWD()

should do the same.

HTH
Vern