From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of David Gibbs
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 2:13 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 500 Command not understood?

Chuck Lewis wrote:
> What did you ever figure out about this ?

No ... I did get the full transcript of the FTP session though ... as
you can see, it is indeed OS/400 running V5R1.

===============
                     File Transfer Protocol

Previous FTP subcommands and messages:

   Connecting to host SYSTEM at address 192.168.1.10 using port 21.
   220-QTCP at system.company.com.
   220 Connection will close if idle more than 5 minutes.
 > userid
   331 Enter password.
   230 USERID logged on.
    OS/400 is the remote operating system. The TCP/IP version is "V5R1M0".
   250  Now using naming format "0".
   257 "QGPL" is current library.
 > binary
   200 Representation type is binary IMAGE.
 > quote site namefmt 0
   250  Now using naming format "0".
 > quote rcmd crtlib templib
   500 command not understood

This is at a customers site ... I'm told they do not have any exit
programs or FTP proxies in place.

I'm having them investigate security on the remote system ... making
sure the profile doesn't have limited capabilities and authority to run
the CRTLIB command.

david