First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.
I'm sure David will tell me "where to go" if necessary ;-)

A couple of years ago I looked at buying a Model 400 at
V4R4 and passed on the deal since I thought the upgrade,
software, subscription fees, etc. to get to V5R1 would
bankrupt me ;-)

Now I'm looking again at buying a box for home use and
personal development.  I would like to have full Client
Access, SEU/PDM and Query400 available since these are
the tools that I use the most in my day-to-day job.

Have stumbled across what I "think" is a good deal on a
used system but would like to hear some other opinions :)
The system is a Model 170 at V5R1 with the following:

 Product           Description            Qty
 9406-170 e-Server System Unit W/D 12/200    1
     0032 Modem                              1
     0348 PCI Cable - V.24/EIA232 20-Ft      1
     2290 Model 170 Processor 128MB          1
     2924 English                            1
     5027 Software Version V5R1              1
     6382 4GB 1/4-inch Cartr. Tape (PCI)     1
     8813 Opt Base 8.58GB Disk Unit   (S/    1
     9720 PCI Base WAN/Twinaxial IOA         1
     9738 PCI Base 100/10Mbps Ethernet IO    1

It comes with the CD/Proof of entitlement and the Base OS
for $1500.

Since I'm not a whiz on IBM software, I looked at our
Production system at work (also at V5R1) to see what software
I would actually be getting:

Resource
   ID     Option  Feature  Description
5722999   *BASE    5050    AS/400 Licensed Internal Code
5722SS1   *BASE    5050    Operating System/400
5722SS1   *BASE    2924    Operating System/400
1TMELCF   *BASE    5001    Tivoli Management Agent for AS/400
1TMELCF   *BASE    2924    Tivoli Management Agent for AS/400
5722DG1   *BASE    5050    IBM HTTP Server for iSeries
5722DG1   *BASE    2924    IBM HTTP Server for iSeries
5722IP1   *BASE    5050    IBM Infoprint Server for AS/400
5722IP1   *BASE    2924    IBM Infoprint Server for AS/400
5722JC1   *BASE    5050    AS/400 Toolbox for Java
5722JC1   *BASE    2924    AS/400 Toolbox for Java
5722JV1   *BASE    5050    IBM Developer Kit for Java
5722JV1   *BASE    2924    IBM Developer Kit for Java
5722PT1   *BASE    5050    Performance Tools for AS/400 - Base
5722PT1   *BASE    2924    Performance Tools for AS/400 - Base
5722QU1   *BASE    5050    Query for AS/400

5722QU1   *BASE    2924    Query for AS/400

5722ST1   *BASE    5050    DB2 Query Manager and SQL Development Kit for
AS/40
5722ST1   *BASE    2924    DB2 Query Manager and SQL Development Kit for
AS/40
5722TC1   *BASE    5050    AS/400 TCP/IP Connectivity Utilities/400

5722TC1   *BASE    2924    AS/400 TCP/IP Connectivity Utilities/400

5722WDS   *BASE    5050    Websphere Development Studio

5722WDS   *BASE    2924    Websphere Development Studio

5722WSV   *BASE    5050    IBM AS/400 Integration for Windows Server
5722WSV   *BASE    2924    IBM AS/400 Integration for Windows Server
5722XE1   *BASE    5050    Client Access/400 Express for Windows
5722XE1   *BASE    2924    Client Access/400 Express for Windows
5722XW1   *BASE    5050    Client Access/400 Windows Family Base
5722XW1   *BASE    2924    Client Access/400 Windows Family Base
5798RZG   *BASE    5050    AS/400 Service Agent
5798RZG   *BASE    2924    AS/400 Service Agent

Looking for thought/opinions on:

a)  This is the list of items having options with *BASE, so
I'm *assuming* that I can rely on the same software being
installed on the Model 170. Please tell me if this assumption
is wrong!

b)  I'm not sure the *BASE list shown above contains everything
I need.  I don't see SEU/PDM listed and am afraid that buying
these would exceed the cost of the system :(

c)  It looks like the drive (8GB) and memory (128MB) may be
on the minimum side. I'm a firm believer in lots of disk space
and memory :)  However, this may be adequate for my purposes
as a single user system (possibly with two sessions open).
The vendor told me that he might be able to scrounge a cheap,
used hard drive if I needed more DASD.  I'm not concerned
with having a RAID system - just making sure I have enough
"room" to work.

Would appreciate any feedback that anyone has about this system.
I may be able to handle adding a few hundred more dollars to
get this box up to speed but I have a bad feeling it's going
to cost much more than that :(

Terry