Al,

I see no responses as of yet - I will stick my neck out.

The 400 can be a mail server in of itself.

Hit the books is all I can suggest.
AS/400 Electronic-Mail Capabilities SG24-4703-00
is the last book I have here in PDF format ("old" from 1998)

A few years ago I did get it to work here, but at the time we
wanted external e-mail addresses, and it was decided to let our
ISP manage the mail accounts - we skipped even an exchange server,
just was cheaper at the time, and did not require any of us to learn
new skills, or get new duties in a small shop running as "cheap"
as we could.

>From what I recall, it was not too bad, but not very efficient then either -
possibly the upgrades to the OS since V4R1 have improved it some.

This is at least one solution.

Another thought, "IF" you have an exchange/lotus notes/other mail server -
it would not have to go through the ISP, the server would take care of the
mail - but it "sounds like" you are letting the ISP host your mail server.

HTH

Mark A. Manske
Sr. Project Lead
Core-Mark, Minneapolis Division