from my stash of manuals on Bookreader...

B981    ? Tape/CD or disk bus interface error     ? FI01140  ?  75     ?
?         ? occurred                                ? FI01107  ?  15     ?
?         ?                                         ? 918X     ?   5     ?
?         ? Perform SDIOP-PIP16 in "Storage Device  ? FI01141  ?   3     ?
?         ? I/O Processor Problem Isolation         ? DEVTERM  ?   2     ?
?         ? Procedures" in topic 1.4.12.            ?          ?         ?

I01140 ? FI01140 indicates that the SCSI cable is the failing item. ?
? ? ?
? ? Perform the following: ?
? ? ?
? ? 1. Find the IOP address (see "SRC Address Formats" in ?
? ? topic 1.5.1). ?
? ? 2. To determine the location of the I/O processor card, ?
? ? see "Locations and Addresses" in topic 1.5.9. ?
? ? 3. Exchange the failing item associated with the IOP ?
? ? address. ?
? ?  If the system does not have an expansion unit, see ?
? ? Card and Device Locations and Addresses (System ?
? ? Unit) in "Locations and Addresses" in topic 1.5.9. ?
? ?  If the system has an expansion unit, see Card and ?
? ? Device Locations and Addresses (System Unit and ?
? ? Expansion Unit) in "Locations and Addresses" in ?
? ? topic 1.5.9. ?
? ? ?
? ? Note: For more information, see Cable Diagrams in ?
? ? "Locations and Addresses" in topic 1.5.9.

FI01107   ? FI01107 indicates that any storage device attached to the  ?
?           ? I/O (SCSI) bus of this IOP may be the failing item.        ?
?           ?                                                            ?
?           ? Perform the following:                                     ?
?           ?                                                            ?
?           ? 1.  Find the IOP address (see "SRC Address Formats" in     ?
?           ?     topic 1.5.1).                                          ?
?           ?                                                            ?
?           ?     The unit reference code indicates the I/O (SCSI) bus   ?
?           ?     that has the problem:                                  ?
?           ?                                                            ?
?           ?     Note:  If the URC is not in the following list, the    ?
?           ?     problem is on I/O bus 0.                               ?
?           ?                                                            ?
?           ?     URC           URC           I/O Bus                    ?
?           ?                                                            ?
?           ?     3020          3100             0                       ?
?           ?     3021          3101             1                       ?
?           ?     3022          3102             2                       ?
?           ?                                                            ?
?           ? 2.  See "Locations and Addresses" in topic 1.5.9 and find  ?
?           ?     the diagram of the system unit or the expansion unit   ?
?           ?     and find:                                              ?
?           ?        The IOP card location identified by the direct     ?
?           ?         select address.                                    ?
?           ?        All the storage devices on the same I/O (SCSI)     ?
?           ?         bus.                                               ?
?           ?                                                            ?
?           ?         Note:  The I/O (SCSI) bus number is the first      ?
?           ?         character of the device unit address.              ?
?           ? 3.  Exchange the failing device.  Use the device type to   ?
?           ?     determine the part:                                    ?
?           ?                                                            ?
?           ?      610x         6335         6380         660x       ?
?           ?      6122         6378         6385         671x       ?
?           ?      6320         6379         6390                     ?

James H H Lampert wrote:

Does anybody recognize the SRC 918BB981? It appeared on IPL of our 40S,
and I'm having trouble finding it in the manuals.

--
JHHL

_______________________________________________ This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.

--
Kirk Goins CCNA
Systems Engineer, Manage Inc.