I was pondering a response to Paul as well. It is a tough call to make when
you are in a bind and have few resources available to solve problems.
Sometimes hand-holding is all I need.  However, learning the tools and
options takes time.  Even refining searches in Google and with
(dis)-Information Center takes a certain skill level.  We should gently
coach and as long as it isn't abused, we should tolerate.

I have been a mid-range user since 1985 and a (hack) RPG programmer since
1987 yet I am amazed by the depth of knowledge on this list and thankful for
it.

As I move from RPG III, to RPG IV, to C++, to Java, to VB and do it on the
iSeries (well, no VB on the iSeries), Linux and Windoze and do it every day,
a little "jog the memory" can be helpful. I hope even those inane, obvious
to answer, questions that occasionally arise from me will be treated kindly.

Seem like Murali is over his head and yes, other resources are available. As
long as you follow up your answers with a "and you can find it here" post
script, perhaps he'll eventually be solving his own problems and perhaps
helping someone else who has been in his shoes.

Point well taken Paul, but it is tough to find a balance sometimes.

Pete Helgren