   To: midrange-l@midrange.= com
   From: Bonnie_Lokenvitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Sent by: midrange-l-bounc= es@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   Date: 02/14/2004 03:21PM
   Subject: Looking for Replace= ment Handheld Scanners

   Wit= hout inviting in too many vendors.  We are increasing the number of
   jo= bs
   that require handhelds.  We currently use the Telxon PTC-960SL.<= BR>It
   provides us with 24 function keys and has been reliable.

   The s= earch has been given to the network guy who doesn't do anything on
   the
   A= S/400
   especially not code.  He has come up with Symbol PTD6846 whic= h appears
   to have only 10 function keys (and requires new access points = through
   out
   the plant).

   Has anyone found other scanners that may = have at least 12 function keys
   or
   are
   we doomed to re-write our code?
   Thanks,
   Bonnie Lokenvitz
   Engineered Polymers

   This is = the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing
   list
   To p= ost a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   To subscribe, unsubscribe, = or change list options,
   visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/l= istinfo/midrange-l
   Befo= re posting, please take a moment to review the archives
   at http://archive.midrang= e.com/midrange-l.