Loyd,

The 720 will support LPAR, but not on a partial-processor basis.  The newer
machines will allow you to allocate fractions of processors to a partition.
So a 720 uni-processor machine like the #2061, by definition, cannot support
partitioning.

I don't think that you'll find a direct comparison web site that gives you
what you want.  You need to pay attention to software tier levels,
maintenance expense, and software subscription costs.  Once you factor in
some of the non-hardware stuff, you may find that an 810 is less expensive
than a used 820.

If you are considering LPAR, your best bet is to get some knowledgeable
advice from an experience business partner.  Configuring the hardware for an
LPAR machine requires some specific knowledge and experience.  A business
partner should be able to (and motivated to) help you with your cost
justification if they think that it will result in a sale.

To answer one of your other questions, the smallest 820 and the smallest
810, both have processing power (measured in CPW) that is more than twice
the power of a 720 #2061.  You would need to figure your interactive
capacity also.

Would this be an upgrade or a new purchase?

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse