GA,

I don't know about a DDS solution, but here's some ideas for the browser
question....

You can put a web address on a green screen, and let the user click on it.
Client Access (Express in my case) will recognize the web address and launch
it in the default browser.

You could start off in green screen and let the user get into the application,
provide parameters, etc. Let the AS/400 generate some HTML, maybe with a path
unique to that user, and throw out something like:

Your screen is ready. Click to continue:
http://myas400/userpath/applicationpage/

It wouldn't be automatic, but works.

Or...

If you have STRPCO (I think) in the user's initial program (or application
startup), you can do a RUNRMTCMD to the user's machine with (without quotes):
"iexplore.exe http://myas400/userpath/applicationpage/"; that runs on the
user's computer.

I haven't done either of these in depth, but played around enough to see both
work.

HTH,
Loyd

--
Mediocrity: It takes a lot less time and most people won't notice
the difference until it's too late. <http://www.despair.com/>