-----Original Message-----
From: fergal.o'flynn

October 8th is the date IBM have set for upgrading iSeries machines.

I'm really struggling here to figure out where we should go.

We have a model 730 CPU 2067 interactive feature 1510. We have an
application with up to 500 users using a green screen, being supported by
an IT department using RPG and CL and Operators who manage the system.

I see that we have three upgrade paths availble to Enterprise edition
iSeries, but my boss is wondering if we can buy a Standard edition because
they are so much cheaper and from there on use WDSc for developers and Ops
navigator for Operations, and webfacing the application.

Is anyone else thinking like this ? What upgarde paths are you taking ?

I have seen very little mention of people going in the Standard edition
direction ??   Why not ?

What sort of companies will buy a standard edition and what will they use
it for ?

I feel that I'm really missing something here and there is should be very
easy to decide which iSeries to move to.