No to add to the scare, but I can tell you that I've heard of several HMO's
jumping through hoops right now to get this HIPPA project started.  What's
really ugly is that they've already gotten a 1 year extension (was supposed
to be done last year), and it ain't looking good for getting another one
(without fines).  Of course, the real humor in some of this (if you care to
look at it that way...and I do), is that many of these 'late comers' to the
HIPPA compliance game think that there are just butt-loads of highly
qualified programmers out there that can do the code, and do it for
practically next to nothing...this is a misconception that you should try to
avoid.   :-)

Ray Shahan

"There is so much good in the worst of us,
and so much bad in the best of us,
that it behooves none of us
to talk about the rest of us"
                          --Author unknown