On Sat, 3 May 2003, Martin Rowe wrote:

> [1] In the end I opted for a Linux box running Samba and the ghostscript
> utilities to 'print' incoming requests to pdf, collectable from a file
> share on the same box. As it reused an older PC no longer in use, the
> costs (other than a bit of my time) was zero :)
> [2] I had a working Linux solution for *SCS to pdf, using a combination of
> CPYSPLF, CPYTOSTMF & some custom code on the 400 and enscript &
> ghostscript on the Linux box, but I couldn't see how to extend that to
> *AFPDS. Also CoolSpools does report splitting which makes it a lot more
> versatile.

An easier method to accomplish *SCS -> pdf is to use the tn5250 project's
scs2pdf program.  It runs as an AS/400 printer that you send your *SCS
printed output to and it creates pdfs.  You don't need to bother with
CPYSPLF, CPYTOSTMF, or any custom code.  However, it does not handle
*AFPDS output.

James Rich