> From: Doug Hart
>
>  I have a customer this is maxing out his Interactive Feature.
>
>  The system details are:
>  720-2064-1504 4-way 6Gig mem CPW 1600/560.
>  The next interact step to a 1505 changes 560CPW up to 1050CPW or roughly
> from 1/3 to 2/3 of the total system.
>
>  With the cost of the upgrade being almost $100k this decision must be
> backed by proven evidence.   If the total system is truly being maxed out
> this is not the correct solution.

Doug, is an interactive upgrade the right solution?  Given the prices you're
quoting, you should really consider my product, PSC/400.

PSC/400 can take their green screen programs and convert them so that they
run in batch with a browser interface that looks and feels almost exactly
like the old 5250 display, so no retraining for end users.  PSC/400 can
convert their entire system and have them up and running literally
overnight, and for less than the cost of the interactive upgrade.

And PSC/400 was designed with the idea of keeping programmers productive.
PSC/400 runs from a command line and doesn't require an expensive new PC.
Conversion is completely automatic; programmers don't need to learn any new
languages or tools.

PSC/400 offers substantial savings on future upgrades as well, because at
upgrade time they can choose the standard edition model 825 rather than the
enterprise edition at a savings of $250,000.

So, automatic upgrade for less than the cost of interactive.  Immediate
availability with no retraining.  No expensive PCs and no new skills
required for developers.  A savings of a quarter million dollars at upgrade
time.  And, if they decide to move to the Internet, they're already most of
the way there.

Let me know if this sounds like it might fit your requirements.

Joe Pluta
President
Pluta Brothers Design, Inc.
Developers of PSC/400