> From: Doug Hart
>
> Thanks, I don't know your product.  I'll give the web site a good look.
>  My assumption this runs in a browser and won't work on dumb terminals.
> That could be a problem.  I had not considered going with this type of
> solution (Web Facing).  The system is at v5r1.

Yup, that's an issue.  It does use a browser.  That's an added expense for a
dumb terminal shop, especially if they're still SNA.  Then again, a small PC
that's capable of using a browser costs about $400 these days.  $20K for 50
users if you're already wired for TCP/IP.  Not insignificant, but all part
of the equation.

One nice thing about PSC/400 is that converted programs still run from the
green screen, so you can offload just a portion of the users.  This will
reduce your interactive load immediately, and you can then move users off as
you justify the hardware outlay (or when you make the upgrade to the 825).

I don't spend a ton on marketing, so the website may not give you all the
information you need.  Let me know if you need more.

Joe