Jon,

> You've described the exact scenario I'm looking for - so
> where's the product
> <grin>

Some parts of it are in a well known ERP system :-)

> > the original 5250 data stream definition is a
> > pretty good place to start.
>
> It is if you want to get into data stream - which I have
> neither the time or desire to get into right now which
> is why I was hoping someone else had done it.

Unfortunately, this is the key to doing it, and getting it right *is* where the
time is spent - I'll be the first to say what I did for the ERP package wasn't
perfect as I ignored 5250 attributes that I knew were never used in the
original DDS/*DSPF

--phil